Bitte ich mochte hilfa

• Hallo miene name ist Allan und ich comme aus Schottland. Ist hier eine persone wer kann english forstaining. Es-tut-mir leid aber mein deutch ist schlect. Was ich mochte ist auf english (side steps) aber nicht von volkswagen.:guru:

• Hi Scottie

just go ahead and write in english. I believe there are a lot of Touareg friends capable to help you. I don't quite know what you mean with "side steps". Could it be a steel rim alongside (underneath) the doors, to step on ?

Please advice
    Regards
    Rüdiger

• thanks for reply.

Phew good English.

you are correct that is what I am after but do not want just stainless steel tube like Cobras etc

was looking for something more like the Porsche Cayanne steps but more integrated.

oh and how do I reply without quoting a previous post.

Thanks
    Allan.

• Scottie

I think I understand what you are looking for. In German it is called "Trittbrett".
    The stainless steel tube is called "Schwellerrohr".
    However I don't know a supplier right away, but may somebody else in the forum does.

About your reply. Just delete the text between the [quote].

Have a nice evening
    Rüdiger

• Zitat von Rüdiger

Andreas

ich denke was er sucht sind Trittbretter. Kann er die vom Cayenne am Touareg verwenden ?

Grüsse
    Rüdiger

Müsste eigentlich gehen, da der Großteil der Karosserie identisch ist. Ich habe
    aber solche Trittbretter für den Cay. oder den Touareg noch nicht gesehen.
    Außerdem sind die Dinger sehr unpraktisch, da sie sehr viel Dreck sammeln,
    im Gelände völlig untauglich, hatte ich mal an einem Terrano dran und immer
    den halben Acker drauf.

Gruß
    andreas

• Scottie

since the car body of both the Touareg and the Cayenne are quite alike, especially around the doors and rims, you may be able to use the side steps of the C.
    Have you checked with a Porsche dealer already ? On the German website of Porsche, the side steps only come within the "Offroad Design Package", but as spare parts they might be available separately.

Hope this will help you further

Rüdiger

• Zitat von ScottieTreg

Hallo miene name ist Allan und ich comme aus Schottland. Ist hier eine persone wer kann english forstaining. Es-tut-mir leid aber mein deutch ist schlect. Was ich mochte ist auf english (side steps) aber nicht von volkswagen.:guru:

Hi there in Scottland, greetings from the US. I believe that the things you are looking for are called running boards over here. I have not seen any except for the Porsche ones, but you might want to look at tregcentral.com or at Westin. Westin makes bull bsrd and other bright stuff for the Egg. Why don't you google or you might also take a lookmat the US ebay site for VW Touareg. I will poste info if I come across some. US forums for the Egg are vwvortex.com and http://forums.clubtouareg.com and you might want to do a search there.

Good luck and have fun with your Egg!