DVD Navigation Problem

• Hello, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I installed a German version of the VW DVD Navigation in my touareg. I bought it from german ebay. Everything works except I am unable to enter a destination location. Is this a common problem with using a Europe version of the DVD navigation in a USA Touareg.

I had to no problem like this using my VW CD navigation and i also bought it from a German Ebay seller. Thanks-

Hallo, bin ich zu diesem Forum neu und dieses ist mein erster Pfosten. Ich brachte eine deutsche Version der VW DVD Navigation in mein touareg an. Ich kaufte es von ebay. Alles bearbeitet, ausgenommen ich nicht imstande bin, eine Bestimmungsortposition einzugeben. Ist dieses ein allgemeines Problem mit dem Verwenden einer Europa Version der DVD Navigation in USA Touareg. Ich mußte kein Problem so, das meine VW CD-Navigation verwendet und ich kaufte sie auch von einem deutschen Ebay Verkäufer. Danke

• Welcome to the forum!

You might want to send user spockcat a pn (private message) and ask him.

He ist prolly one of the best T-reg experts in the US. I am sure he can help you and figure out what the problem is. The nav unit might have to be coded differently to fit the US market.

Good luck and do let us now your progress in due course!

:sonne:

• I changed the language from english to german and I have still have same problem. The nav units works perfectly except being unable to enter dest. I think i need a Blauplukt firmware to make the europe version of the DVD Nav to work in the USA- thanks

Ich änderte die Sprache von englischem zum Deutschen und ich habe, noch das gleiche Problem zu haben. Die nav Maßeinheiten arbeitet tadellos ausgenommen Sein nicht imstande, DEST einzutragen. Ich denke, daß ich eine Blauplukt Mikroprogrammaufstellung benötige, die Europa Version vom DVD Nav zur Arbeit im USA Dank zu bilden

• I was doing some more research on model numbers of the 2005 DVD Navigation.

The model # i bought from the UK seller is 7L6-035-191-H.

The model # being sold by USA VW is 7L6-035-191-D.

Same model, except UK has an H on the end and USA version has a D. I am still hoping someone will figure out how to make the dest entry work, but right now, i just use the curser to move to different locations or common names listed in the memory to navigate.

Ich tat mehr Forschung auf Modellnummer der 2005 DVD Navigation. Das vorbildliche # kaufte ich vom BRITISCHEN Verkäufer bin 7L6-035-191-H. Das vorbildliche #, verkaufend durch USA VW, ist 7L6-035-191-D. Das gleiche Modell, ausgenommen Großbritannien ein H auf dem Ende und USA Version hat, hat ein D. Ich hoffe noch, daß jemand darstellt aus, wie man die DESTEINTRAGUNG arbeiten läßt, aber im Augenblick, ich gerade das curser benutze, um auf die unterschiedlichen Positionen oder allgemeine Namen umzuziehen, die im Gedächtnis verzeichnet werden, um zu steuern.